A Day in Downtown Charleston

TJ doesn't work a typical 9-5 job so he can get off early sometimes, but if he does we usually run a few errands or just relax at home instead of doing what we actually should do--every once in a while you just need to take a day in the middle of the week and do something fun and enjoy the amazing weather.

On Tuesdays I usually take Liam and Emery to an open gymnastics class, but this week I did not want to start getting ready, so I decided we were going to skip it. Or so I thought. Ha! TJ has been wanting to go for a while and watch so of course the day I decided to stay home he called and said that he was going to be able to meet us there. Since I was running late he met us at home and then suggested we go downtown afterwards since it was so beautiful outside. Charleston is finally cooling down (if you call low 80s cooling down) and not deathly humid, so it sounded like a great plan. 

We went to gymnastics and once the kids were tired we jumped in the car for naps as we headed downtown. TJ received a gift card from his students to Ruths Chris a while back (it our place) so we decided to go there for lunch. Normally we try not to take the kids to such quiet places, but since it was a weekday for lunch in a not too touristy season we figured it would be dead and we were right. We were the only people in our section and even if it was busy the kids were amazing. I guess they're both at a good age to go out to eat again which is nice because it meant we got to have a nice meal and didn't have to find a babysitter (knock on wood, hahaha). It was a great meal and a good time so I'm really happy we went. They're just getting so big. Both kids were keeping our server entertained. Emery has started to play peekaboo herself and it's adorable. I only got it on video one time, but it's so cute...
After lunch we walked around a little bit, grabbed an iced coffee, and headed to the fountain to play. Liam wanted nothing to do with it because it was loud, but I couldn't keep Emery out. I didn't want her to plop on her butt and get all wet so I went in with her.
charleston fountain
She is just too big and kills me in those overalls. Seriously, I die every time she wears them.

We decided that since the kids were so well behaved that we have a lot more exploring to do around Charleston before we leave next summer, so hopefully I'll be posting about more of our adventures soon. 

What do you like to do when you have a day off during the week?

1 comment

Jen said...

That picture is adorable!!!! :)