it's my birthday

Happy birthday to me! I have some pretty shitty birthdays under my belt--I got dumped on my 18th birthday, spent the day with my uncle getting surgery my 19th birthday, and spent birthdays 21, 22, and 23 with TJ gone on the sub to name a few--but today has been one of the best I can remember. It hasn't been anything extravagant, but I feel special.

In all of my years as a Navy wife I've never really had as great of friends as I do right now. I'm not saying that I haven't made friends before these girls, these girls just make me feel like they care and make me feel special.

Lori and Anna and I have become close over the last year and they really blew me away for my birthday (just like they did with Emery's gift after she was born). To start they came to my house at 8:30 this morning with my favorite Starbucks drink. That alone is the way to my heart. And as if that was not enough, they got handed me a beautiful bag full of goodies and some mini cakes and a chocolate covered strawberry. 
The reason it made me feel special is that every gift they gave me was specifically for me. This wasn't a gift bag tailored for just anyone, this was full of things they knew I would love and that is more special than even receiving anything at all.

I told TJ that all I wanted for my birthday was smoked salmon, Moscow Mules, and to relax. TJ smoked my salmon last night, but we were busy all week and didn't have time to get ginger beer so TJ and Liam went out and grabbed some things. They went and got stuff for my drink, picked me up some lunch and Liam came home with this:
Oh my gosh, nothing could be sweeter than a card that I know Liam picked out and that he obviously signed. It's the cutest thing he could have given me.

So I must say, my family and friends delivered. I was relaxing and drinking a Moscow Mule and reading a book at 1pm. What could be better than that?
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my mom sent me a book (Toddlers Are A**holes: It's Not Your Fault) and hid an awesome pedicure kit in Emery's room while she was here, so that was pretty awesome, too.

Thanks peeps, for making this birthday awesome. xoxo

1 comment

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad that your day has been special. :)