What's New?

I always say that I'm back and always fail to deliver, so this morning I decided that maybe a new look is what I need. I have to say, I'm in love! Here is what else is new around here:::

The weather has been gorgeous lately which means baseball games and trips to the park!
Emery is big! She's already 6 months old and she definitely follows what they say about girls being more advanced than boys and also that second children are more advanced, because this girl is pretty much crawling and is so much more active than Liam was at this age. She was rolling over back to front before she was even 4 months old! She is also a lot bigger than Liam was: she is in the 43rd percentile for weight and the 89th for height. Liam hung around the 20th percentiles until his 2 year appointment where he's finally hit the 50s. Also, I don't know where she gets that weight/height distribution from. It certainly isn't from her momma!

Liam and Emery absolutely adore each other [though this isn't new]. I was never worried about whether Liam would love her or be jealous because he's always been a lovie, but the amount of love and adoration they have for each other is mind blowing. He's always trying to make her laugh or give her kisses and she is always watching exactly what he's doing. They are so cute together it could probably kill me.

Liam is growing up so fast. The last two times I took him to the nursery at MOPs he jumped out of my arms and waved bye. The first time it happened I was caught so off guard, and the second time I just thought 'no way is this happening two times in a row.' He's just growing up! He even doesn't look like a baby at all anymore. He finally got his first big boy haircut and he looks like such a little man. I do feel like he's a little behind in his talking so we are going to get a speech assessment on Monday. It's not that he doesn't say a lot of words, he just usually says only 1 syllable of the word, so I'm worried about that. I know that girls talk a lot sooner than boys and we're mostly around girls his age so it isn't a fair comparison, but I'd really be kicking myself in a year if I found out that he was behind. An assessment can't hurt, they'll either tell me he is fine or start speech therapy [and the military should cover it]. It's a win/win in my opinion.

How have you been? What kind of updates are you looking for?

2 comments

Jen said...

Yay for good weather!

Courtney B said...

It's not even fair how quickly they grow!! Sweet kids. Enjoy that gorgeous weather with them!